26 January 2008

3 little pigs nursery rhyme banned

Foreword and info courtesy of Mrs TG

The Greeks always had a word for it ---- and the following one suits this moronic group and their ridiculous cowering decision to the hilt.

......"Those who the gods wish to destroy, they first drive mad...."

Does this mean I have to stop amusing my 1 1/2 half year old grandson, Yair, with 'This little piggy went to market, this little piggy stayed home, this little piggy ate roast beef, this little piggy had none, and this little
piggy ran squeak, squeak all the way home?" He loves it when I do this to his little pinkies and finish off with a good tickle, but gosh I don't want to offend the Moslems...!

Thank goodness, I'm just a Jewish grandmother in Israel, so the long arm of the British Appeasement organizations, can't reach me here...I hope!

When I was in England last year, I saw some piggy banks, decorated with the British flag, in a tourist shop on Shaftesbury Road, Piccadilly. I remembered that the Moslems had made a big fuss over piggy banks at a bank some time before that, and the bank had succumbed to their 'outrage' and taken the offensive little creatures away from public view.

So I was pleasantly surprised to see these colorful patriotic piggy-banks in the window. I went in, and as I was picking one out, I saw a tall well- dressed Arab man staring at them, and me, from outside.

I went on picking them up to see which one I wanted, and he came in and stood staring at me with a very aggressive look on his face. I took the one I wanted, looked him straight in the face with a questioning look & a cheeky grin and pushed past him. I felt his eyes on my back and I noticed that the assistant had also noticed him. We looked at each other knowingly, and I said as loud as possible, that this piggy bank is a great idea and will be a lovely addition to my collection of piggy banks (a fib actually. I don't have a collection of piggy banks, or any other toy saving banks..!!).

I gushed on about the wonderful idea to dress him up with our flag, and so on and so forth. After I'd paid and turned to go, the sheikh of Araby was still there staring with an infuriated look on his face at the other piggy banks.

He looked and me and I at him, and I gave him a really sweet smile (trying not to be sick, or punch him somewhere I could reach...!) and walked out.

I'll never forget the looks on his face throughout the incident, especially when I walked past him out of the shop. Luckily he didn't come after me and stick a knife in me or something. But I was so fed up with his obvious attempt to harass me - and the shop - that I simply didn't care.

Anyway, I went past that shop a few days later, and was happy to see that only a few of the piggy banks still remained so I guessed they had been selling like hot cakes...!

BBC News:
A story based on the Three Little Pigs fairy tale has been turned down by a government agency's awards panel as the subject matter could offend Muslims.

The digital book, re-telling the classic story, was rejected by judges who warned that "the use of pigs raises cultural issues".

Becta, the government's educational technology agency, is a leading partner in the annual Bett Award for schools.

The judges also attacked Three Little Cowboy Builders for offending builders.
The book's creative director, Anne Curtis, said the idea that including pigs in a story could be interpreted as racism was "like a slap in the face".

'Cultural issues'

The CD-Rom digital version of the traditional story of the three little pigs, called Three Little Cowboy Builders, is aimed at primary school children.

But judges at this year's Bett Award said that they had "concerns about the Asian community and the use of pigs raises cultural issues".

The Three Little Cowboy Builders has already been a prize winner at the recent Education Resource Award - but its Newcastle-based publishers, Shoo-fly, were turned down by the Bett Award panel.

The feedback from the judges explaining why they had rejected the CD-Rom highlighted that they "could not recommend this product to the Muslim community".

They also warned that the story might "alienate parts of the workforce (building trade)".

The judges criticised the stereotyping in the story of the unfortunate pigs: "Is it true that all builders are cowboys, builders get their work blown down, and builders are like pigs?"

Animal Farm?

Ms Curtis said that rather than preventing the spread of racism, such an attitude was likely to inflame ill-feeling. As another example, she says would that mean that secondary schools could not teach Animal Farm because it features pigs?

Her company is committed to an ethical approach to business and its products promote a message of mutual respect, she says - and banning such traditional stories will "close minds rather than open them".

Becta, the government funded agency responsible for technology in schools and colleges, says that it is standing by the judges' verdict.

"Becta with its partners is responsible for the judging criteria against which the 70 independent judges, mostly practising teachers, comment. All the partners stick by the judging criteria," said a Becta spokesman.

The reason that this product was not shortlisted was because "it failed to reach the required standard across a number of criteria", said the spokesman.

Becta runs the awards with the Besa trade association and show organisers, Emap Education.

Merlin John, author of an educational technology website which highlighted the story, warns that such rulings can undermine the credibility of the awards.
"When benchmarks are undermined by pedestrian and pedantic tick lists, and by inflexible, unhelpful processes, it can tarnish the achievements of even the most worthy winners.

"It's time for a rethink, and for Becta to listen to the criticisms that have been ignored for a number of years," said Mr John.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One thing that really baffles me about this subject, is this. After all the years that Jews have been resedent in this Country ( pigs are a unclean animal to Jews ) not one jew has called for any story to be changed. Or any pottery animals to be smashed, any statues that may adorn parks around this once fair Country. Non of these things have happened, Jews who also cal pigs unclean have never demanded such things. Nither have any other religion even asked or demanded that any story, statue, ornament be outlawed at any time & a lot of these other religions have been here a lot longer that the muslims have & I would also say that some of these same religiions are in as great a numbers as muslims are. So once again we see that a ethnic group that is less than 3% of the population has enough power that it can demand what ever it likes from the powers that be. Yet we who are the vast majority of the population of this Country can demand jack sqwat, nothing. Now correct me if I am wrong here but, we live in what is suppose to be a democracy. In that those who are in power are voted into that position by the majority of the population, going off polls I have seen the vast majority are against the way they are treated by muslims & how muslims are treated by the government. I think somehow that the government have got there heads in a muddle here, they are suppose to please the majority that put them in power, not the 3% who keep making threats to blow people up. If I could I would get out of the festering hell hole that this Country has become. All I can say if God help us all.

Lionheart said...

Thats because we once lived harmoniously in a multi ethnic society, respecting one another and living in peace and harmony with one another.

Who are the ones causing the disharmony and lack of peace between everyone?

Its them hatefilled murderous warmongers over there, the Moslems!!!

Tell me if i am wrong but thats how i view it and how every other visitor to my blog views it apart from the Moslems themselves and their doo gooding Left Wing servents who are mesmerised by the lie "Islam is a religion of peace".

Like Mrs TG's opening statement from the Greek god's "Those who the gods wish to destroy, they first drive mad"

Why do you think i call them the Loony Labour party, everything they do makes you hang your head in your hands and wonder how crazy these people are, nothing they do makes sense - They are Librel Crazies destroying Great Britain.

We no longer live in a democracy, we in Britain live under a blanket of tyranny but project the picture of democracy to the rest of the World.

The Lord God of Israel is with His people though, He will not fail us in our time of need, as our glorious British history testifies too.

Lionheart

Anonymous said...

Pigs are not the issue, control of the resident population, is.
Any butcher will tell you that pork is the cleanest of all meats.
It was the most ancient of meat-foods for the Northern European settlers for thousands of years, in th form of the wild boar, found everywhere within densely forested Europe.
Nobody has the right to enforce what a race eats. The Chinese eat all-manner of strange things, and even the French eat some odd stuff.
It's strange how my local corner shop sells me packs of bacon, and the Muslim gentleman places it happily in my bag.
It only becomes an issue when it suits the intention of those who may seek division.
Why, should a Christian refuse to sell halal meat?
It just does not happen.
Culturally, pigs are as European as we are.
So does ethnic cleansing start with the pigs and then the humans?
This is all stuff of hate-mongers, and normal people of all persuasions, except the politically correct wimps, see this to be true, and do not seek to impose their will on others.

Anonymous said...

The entire Islamic anti-piggy protest movement by is a petty, ridiculous & utterly intolerant farce.

Jews, like Moslems, do not eat pork (well, at least the religious ones don't. I can't speak for
'liberal' Loony Laborite 'jews'!) but they don't get hot under the collar because of fairy-tales like the Three Little Piggies or piggy-banks or piggies starring in movies.

They don't scream, faint, or foam at the mouth, when they visit zoos with their children and wow, there's a British & Vietnamese piggy or two in the petting zoo...!

Educated and 'moderate' Moslems should stand up and be counted as they condemn this pre-historic hullaballoo over piggies by the lowest common denonimator in Moslem communities now sojourning in Western, pig-eating, democratic countries - countries no longer as democratic as they were before the Islamic invasion.

By the way, there are 160 million Moslems in China. Anyone ever heard of them raving and ranting against the Chinese majority's penchant for pig-meat? They wouldn't dare.

Anonymous Lady